Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 7: The Annual Day Zero PCT Kick Off!

The Annual Day Zero Pacific Crest Trail Kick Off is an annual gathering of current and former PCT thru-hikers, section hikers, trail volunteers, and trail angels at Lake Morena. Ultralight gear manufacturers set up tables and tents to display their gear, former hikers give presentations on backcountry skills, and the PCTA and others give presentations on current trail conditions.

Sierra wanted to attend the kick off to meet some of the other hikers, and my father graciously agreed to give us a ride back down to Lake Morena. So, after 6 days of hiking, we decided to take a rest day to attend the kick off. Shortly after we arrived, Sierra met some new friends, McKenna and Jake. So while I spent the rest of the day dutifully collecting the water and snow reports and learning more about what to expect down the trail, Sierra was running around the campground playing with her new friends.

The kick off was fun, but after a day surrounded by so much activity, we are ready to return to the trail tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sierra,
    I had fun playing Harry Potter with you!
    From,
    Jake
    (Trail name: Rock Hopper)

    I hope you're having fun on your hike. My trail name is Humming Bird. I like being your friend! Wanna be bffs? You are my favorite friend!!
    Love,
    Makenna

    ReplyDelete